Monday 30 November 2015

RESEARCH: DAY ON FILM SET

Over the past couple of weeks ago, I have done work as an extra for an upcoming summer blockbuster film. Whilst I am under NDA agreement and can't reveal what the film was,  it was a very interesting experience that would help me in the process in the making of my own trailer. This was shown in the level of detail present within the making of the. It also was shown in how many takes. The scene would likely make around a minute of screen time but there was an entire 10 hours shoot. This was primarily due to the many different angles that were present within the shoot. Sometimes high angles shots would take place, other times the camera would be pulled on a dolly and for other times a steadicam would be used for the scene. Many different takes were also made due to the different type of direction that the actors needed to take. It was an interesting experience as it gave me clearer ideas on the making of my trailer. In terms of the making of my own trailer, it showed that I needed to provide as much detail as possible in order for it to look perfect, thus making it fully engaging for the audience watching my project.

1 comment: