Tuesday 5 April 2016

CONSTRUCTION: NARRATION

After wrapping filming, we decided to record some narration for . As we didn't want to use too much dialogue as we would've had to record. I provided the voiceover for the narration as I played the character of Ular.  I thought of the poem, the Sick Rose by William Blake as something that I could possibly read out whilst in character as Ular. Blake's poem very much features the themes of love and death, both themes play a big part in our trailer. There is also connected symbolism as there is a scene in the trailer where there is a closeup on Ular's hand slowing picking away at the petals of the rose, representing dying love. Ultimately, we recorded me narrating the poem in about five takes, thinking that it was successful enough to be used in the final product.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment